Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hola de Buenos Aries

Big billboards
Big monument. On world Aids Day, they cover it in a condom. (seriously)

Big Beef country


Big Buildings. They have a different kind of plus 15's.


New part of BA. High end hotels, shops, apartments.





The enemy is among us.






Sunday San Telmo Market. Big Crowds!




Knife Sharpener Guy.





Hot Rods







Si, mi Espanol es muchos buenos. But, don't ask me what they reply to me, as they speak so darnded fast! I am enjoying the Spanish lessons, however, and it is helping me to read some of the signs better, etc.


Every culture is different, and the people who live here have a different lifestyle than we are used to in Canada. First of all, they only sleep an average of 4-6 hours per night, which is very efficient, but I can't for the life of me see how they can manage without more sleep! They don't eat dinner until at least 9:30 pm, and even that is early for them, most of the time, its 11pm or midnight! Brent and I tried to go to a special BBQ place at 6 for dinner, and they don't even open until 8:30 pm! We hear traffic, and people visiting at 3 in the morning, all the time. I think BA is "The City that Never Sleeps" , not New York! My Spanish teacher can't believe that I go to bed at 10 pm and get up at 8:30 am....
We have twice seen a young man surrounded by his friends, covered in some kind of egg/flour creation, which is quite comical. We were told that this is to celebrate either graduation from University, or an upcoming wedding.
The people here are very friendly, and really like to show off their English when they get a chance. There is a couple of servers at Starbucks who recognize me and say, Hey, Canada! How are you? I tell them how good their English is, and they tell me that their teacher would be proud.
Today, we went to rent bicycles and take them to an ecological reserve, where there are 10 km's of trails and over 200 bird species living in the park. It was nice to just pop across the street and be in a completely tranquil area. We cycled along the ocean for a while, too. The breeze was nice, as the weather was the best day we have had yet. About 25 and no wind or clouds in the sky. My arm held up really well. It is much better riding than walking, as long as the road isn't too bumpy, it's just like at spin class, but much more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment