Friday, August 20, 2010

End of the Road... For Now

North Rustico Beach
North Rustico Docks

North Rustico Bay


Lobster Traps










Charlottetown Hospital: I was in to see two orthopedic surgeons yesterday, and did not receive good news regarding my wing. The clavicle is broken in a bad spot, and a couple of ligaments have torn off, requiring surgery. The bad news is that the recovery time is 3 months, which puts our trip on hold, sending me back to Calgary for surgery and recovery.

I will be flying home in the next few days, and then dealing with the surgery there, hopefully getting in as soon as possible. Brent will return the car to Baie-Comeau, arrange for my bike to be shipped back, and then ride his bike back to Calgary by himself. Both of us are not looking forward to this scenario, but it is necessary.

Needless to say, we are terribly disappointed, but will try to make the best of my recovery by heading to our condo in Fernie and enjoying the mountain life. Maybe even do a trip out to the coast to see family. Things are really up in the air until we learn more about my surgery.



So, to those of you in Calgary, see you soon, and to friends and family from across Canada, I sign off on this blog until our new journey resumes.
Nance

2 comments:

  1. Nance,
    If you need help with getting to seem someone quickly, I can probably help you if you are unsuccessful. A very close friend of mine is head of sports medicine in edmonton at the university and will be able to navigate this one for you.....let me know. aeforbes@shaw.ca or call my home number 604-926-5778

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nance,

    So sorry to hear about your troubles. We're all pulling for you!!

    Take care,
    Katherine (at Bow Valley College)

    ReplyDelete