Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summerside to New Glasgow to North Rustico

More PEI scenery
Our camping cabin
Our 5th Wheel Accommodation
Charllotetown Harbour
Charlottetown Houses
One of the largest churches in Canada St. Dunstons
Charlottetown Harbour

We booked into a hotel for two nights in Summerside, and I decided to go to see a doctor again, as my shoulder was causing me considerable grief. After a couple of weeks of feeling pretty good, I guess the swelling had gone down, and the pain kicked in. I had the shoulder re-xrayed, and the doctor recommended that I book in to see an Orthopedic Surgeon, as my clavicle is broken in a spot that doesn't heal well and sometimes surgery is better. Not the news I was hoping for, and Brent had to console me on the way back from the visit, as the tears were flowing pretty heavily.
I promptly got on the web and discovered that only 10% of clavicle breaks require surgery, and mostly due to motorcycle accidents due to the higher speeds involved. Hmm. Sounds familiar...
I really want to go with the doctor's recommendations, so that I don't suffer down the road with this injury, and have it affect golf, skiing, tennis, swimming, running, and mostly, the rest of my motorcycle trip.
We moved on from Summerside and found a great place to "camp" using a camping cabin, with a bed that I can get in and out of, as my abdominal/rib area is still to sore to enable me to get up off the ground. The weather is fantastic, and we spent the day at the red sand beach, and I couldn't get up the nerve to swim, as only one arm would prove challenging, it was nice to be among the land of the living, with kids, dogs and bathing beauties to keep us amused.
After a couple of nights, we were told that the campground is sold out for the weekend, so we had to look for alternate accommodations.
I found a great spot, and talked the guy into renting us a place for $10 more than the camping cabin, so we have deemed this the accommodation deal of the trip so far. It's a 5th wheel trailer, with a double bed, a tv, microwave, oven, fridge and shower/washroom. And, it's 10 minutes from the beach! Very quiet, private and has a pool on the grounds! We may never leave. We are hunkered down here until next week, as my appointment with the Doc is Wednesday. Then, we will decide what to do after that.
We popped into Charlottown, and enjoyed a nice meal in there and walked around the historic downtown. We plan to go back there for a longer visit- it's quite beautiful there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys. Nance, sorry to hear about your shoulder; I hope it works out soon for you. If you make it back to Charlottetown, try out the Pilote house restaurant on Grafton: good food + a surprise for hockey lovers. Cheers - Marius

    ReplyDelete