Friday, July 23, 2010

Inside the Helmet

Getting in and out of the tent:

An Art in Itself.

Every tent has it's own set of challenges, unique to it's design. Our tent has a nice big vestibule that provides lots of extra storage area for our boots, jackets and bags. I learned quickly that if you stand up too high when going out of the dome-shaped door in the morning, the dew that has accumulated on the top of the vestibule drains off and gets your back soaked. A lovely morning ritual that only took me 2-3 times to change the height at which I move through the opening. To get out of the tent is surely not a graceful venture. I start with scooting my butt to the edge of the doorway so that I can slip my shoes on without bringing dirt into the tent. Then, I ponder my tactic, depending on how sore or strong my legs feel that particular day. Do I rise slowly from a limbo position, or do I turn sideways and roll forward to a squatting position, both of which, I'm sure showcase my gracefullness and cat-like agility? Good thing, it's only Brent who has to suffer through this daily dance, and he is stuck with me...!

No comments:

Post a Comment